Thursday 21 April 2011

Thursday 21st

Feeling a bit better today, (after a couple of days sobbing).

No side effects to mention as yet, just hope I haven't spoken too soon lol. I have been asked to keep a diary of said side effects as I am only the second person in this area to have this treatment.

You have to avoid all skin care products with alcohol in them...hmmmm...this is proving quite a challenge as I ended up giving nearly everything I have away yesterday and subsequently still have yesterdays make up on as I didn't have anything to take it off with lol. This is to minimise and/or not to aggrivate the acne rash that I may or may not get. But I'm not taking any chances!

We are going into town today to see what we can find that is permitted and ask lots of questions to the shop assitants. When I have done this I'm going to write a leaflet for the chemo unit to give any other ladies that might (god forbid) find them selves in this position.

Firstly though, off to see practice nurse to get this rogue stitch removed from the drain site! It's been there 4 weeks nearly now so 'ouch' I think!

3 comments:

  1. Just like you Lyn to help others ..... Well done you.... Proactive as always xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it was a mission in itself in Boots reading the small print (or trying to with my eye sight!) to find alcoholo free products - I mean skin care products not the liquid kind! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey lyn, yin yang have a nice range of products you buy them from Holland and Barrett ,(or on line google yin yang skin care range ) very natural and not that expensive ,, also check out bear mineral make up ! so natural you can sleep in it ! if i can help in anyway PLEASE call on me , HAIR ETC ! think this blog is great, your an inspiration to all. xxx

    ReplyDelete