Sunday 10 April 2011

Sunday Morning

Had a lovely day with my lovely family yesrterday. You are the best. Paul had some well deserved respite for a couple of hours.

Managed a 15 minute walk too so going to try and do 20 mins today in the park.

Had to start the 24hour urine collection today (creatinine clearence, pre treatment) It's rather tricky to catch it with the raised toilet seat but I think we have workd out a system lol. There is no dignity in being ill but it doesn't seem to matter.

I been home 10 days now and can honestly say the recovery from the op isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. The morphine probably helps though!

Still don't know how I'm supposed to feel, I think not beleiving it is working wonders for me. I don't want it consuming my mind 24/7. I suppose everyone deals with it in their own way, I would like to meet someone else who is going through it though as no one else can possibly understand how and what I feel.

I want to do some fund raising for SSAFA (soldiers, sailors, air force association) they have made it possible to us to not have to worry about money for a few months and until the other benefits are in place and for Paul to be at home with me.

I am hoping I can get myself well enough to have a bit of my normal life back for as long as I can, there is so much I want to do.

4 comments:

  1. Write it down Lyn, everything that you want to do put on paper. Whilst it won't take away your diagnosis it will serve as a positive focus for you.
    Goals to achieve etc. You are a star and it's good to read your comments - I hope that the blog is helping you putting things into perspective.

    Love and Hugs x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lyn

    Just found your Blog. I am shocked and lost for words. I have not seen you for 30 years, since RAF Binbrook, but I think Binbrook was a special place as for many of us it was our first posting. We were all young and enjoying life. I had a great time at Binbrook and remember things as if it were yesterday. I had some great friends there. Jim Walker, Yvonne Blase (A G/F),Alison Squires,Elaine (Worked in PSF)and so many others. I can see their faces, but cannot remember their names now! The Thursday disco in the Blue Lion NAFFI (You WRAFS used to come over enmass, dressed to the 9's to entice us!), the Plough and that village taxi (No you cannot eat your curry in my taxi!). Oh and the bloody awful food in the JRM!! Do you remeber the "Rec Run" on a Wens night to Cleethorps? Although I do not think many of you WRAFs used the coach?...as us lads were somewhat drunk on the return journey!!

    So Lyn, thinking of you..after all these years! We all had great times there..Fond memories, of the place and the people.

    Take care and keep your strength up (Food) and your Paul is there looking after you. And Paul, look after yourself too!

    Best wishes to you both

    Paul Walker (Oscar)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lyn

    I hope you are not confused by the "Institute" thing! I accidently sent it from that account as I am the Chairman.
    x

    ReplyDelete