Saturday 23 April 2011

Saturday 23rd

Have had a lovely couple of days, Thursday lazy shopping with my sisters sorting out my new skin care regimen, lovely quality time though, sunny day, coffee, bliss.

Yesterday had my eyes tested, I couldn't read any of the packaging the day before which was really frustrating. Not had my eyes tested since 2007!  (where does the time go?). Can't believe I had to pay though when someone unemployed or getting tax credits doesn't! I'm not earning anymore and am never likely to be. That's a law that needs changing.

Have now had chemo for 4 day's and as yet (hope I am not speaking too soon) have no real side effects apart from not feeling at all hungry and could quite happily not eat anything! Paul made sure though that I do have my breakfast and a proper evening meal! My memory doesn't seem to be that good either lol. I am very tired too especcially early evening, but I'm raring to go in the morning!

Paul has been working on the house the last couple of days trying desperatly to get some of the extension (we had started before all this) finished. He's so tired and then has to look after me when he's finished, its hard on him.

For some reason I'm in a lot more pain this morning, I only took the MST an hour ago, its just come on really strong, not been like this before since I came out of hospital. I don't want to take more drugs though I want it to get better.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lyn - Totally agree wholeheartly about having the law CHANGED for the unemployed and benefit fraudsters. Nothing in life is FAIR.

    My memory was absolutely shocking during my chemo, it frightened me, eventually it did improve. I remember my family and friends pulling my leg when I usd to say ' Oh there's another chemo moment ' (like having permanent 'senior' moments ) and they were like : ' Well Sam no excuse you've always been like this '.

    The positive news is conclusive - your memory does return fully.

    You are an inspiration Lyn. I love reading your blog page. Sending you much love and positive vibes over the BH wkend. Sam xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lyn

    You say you are not brave, yet you are, really really brave. Sharing this with us shows that you are trying to face this head on. I admire and applaud you for this.

    The link below may go someway to helping you with your make up issue. Hope there is somewhere you can access for a workshop.


    http://www.lookgoodfeelbetter.co.uk/site/workshops.cfm

    "Ladies attending a workshop forget about their illness and enjoy an afternoon of pampering, fun and laughter. They meet others going through similar experiences and, most importantly, look and feel fabulous when they leave the session."

    "Everyone taking part is presented with a wonderful gift box of products to take home. The complimentary product gift is made up of different brands. Each participant at a group session receives both free advice and a collection of skin care and cosmetics to suit her complexion colour. This enables her to continue to practice and experiment at home."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jo,

    i had a look and the do the workshops twice a month in Wolverhampton. I'll give them a ring n Tuesday and find out when xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh great. Let me know how you get on xx

    ReplyDelete