Sunday 1 May 2011

Mayday!

Well now 13 days since I started the chemo, side effects were minimal for first week, dry mouth, slight nausea just after taking it and no real appetite.

Then yesterday it started, I woke up and noticed a rash all over my chest and a bit on my neck, not a bad rash just red spots. Not on my face though which is good. I have been using the no acholol skin care stuff but had sprayed perfume which is probably why I got it where it is!! Note to self be careful where i'm putting it in future, where can I put it though? any ideas? I did spray my clothes but some clothes can't take it. I still want to smell nice lol.

Going back to side effects starting, yesterday I was also doubled up with tummy cramps and also had to run to the loo several times. We bought some immodium and dioralyte (didn't think to get them prescibed, thats a job for tuesday!) Did manage to calm things down by bed time!

Woke up this morning and all was well until about an hour ago, when the tummy cramps started, thats all it is at the mo though, taken some more immodium so fingers crossed.

It's a lovely day again today so intend to make the most of it and go outside, where better for a Sunday lunch than Barrington's Bar? lol

5 comments:

  1. Lyn

    See your Doc about the Immodium. It may not be a good idea to stop your body of getting rid of waste products?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chemo unit prescibed it to use if going more than 3 to 4 times a day. It is really difficult to find tha balance as I'm still on MST and was taking movicol, so I've now stopped that whilst I have the new symtoms from the chemo. Hopefully things will settle down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And don't forget the Aveeno for the skin, it works wonders, not only relieves symptoms but can help prevent them to0 - all natural products and smells like flowers (which is what its made of)sold in Boots and recommended by the unit XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to get some, I've started to get spotty! lol

    ReplyDelete