Sunday 15 May 2011

Sunday 15th May

Today, well for the last week I have looked like a spotty teenager, it gets worse by the day! But I am told it's a good thing, the oncologist said the people who have the skin reactions do best on the drug...so...bring it on 'spots', bring it on! I can cover you up with make up.

Feel a bit better today in myself, but I'm getting quite tired now in the afternoon and evening. My life is revolving round the morning as that's when I have the most energy. Also its the only time I don't need a hot water bottle for tummy cramps.

Form filling out seems to be a daily activity at the moment, can't wait to for a day when everything is sorted and we can just enjoy life. We are at a standstill at the mo as I'm still recovering form surgery and suffering the effects of chemo (I'm told they will settle down). I want to book a holiday and some weekends away, but we have no money (waiting for my pension and a decision on the life insurance) let alone trying to finish the extension, I don't want to die without seeing my dreams fulfilled. Everything is a battle but I'll fight as hard as I can.

4 comments:

  1. lyn you fight this as hard as you can, your friends and family are fighting with you with love and prayers. i follow your blog lyn and i cant believe this has happened to you, you are very open and honest about it all and im so so in awe of you because you are so brave to share your feelings of your best and your worse days. much love to you lyn. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Jean, everyones support is really helping xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems a strange thing to say, but I am glad to pushed for better attention and further opinions, or you may still be being told this is pneumonia and being fed painkillers!
    Regardless, it is all lousy and so very unfair, but it can - and WILL BE overcome. We are with you as best we can be Lyn. Sending much much love your way xxxx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lyn, hun, the best news. I knew that the worse the side effects the better the effect but didnt want to say, just in case. So I'm glad to hear your spotty and crampy, best news yet and lets face it when you can still act like a teenager, then you damn well should look like one too LOL.
    Love ya Lyn, keep positive its the best way to be. See you soon whoop de whoop I cant wait XX

    ReplyDelete