Tuesday 31 May 2011

May 31st

Been in Cornwall now for 8 days. Spend the first 4 with Adam ,Gemma, Duncan, Cardice and the children in Newquay. Whilst we were there managed to catch up with my lovely friend Jaki who now lives there.

We carried our journey on to Cabris Bay to stay with Alyson and Neil. Alyson is my old RAF friend I have now been firnds with for 30+ years. They live in a beautiful house with a perfect sea view. What a lovely time this has been, we have seen so many lovely beaches I can't believe are in the UK and even been to Lands end and dressed up as pirates! The pirates then moved on to Porthmeor and recreated the Skeggy picture fro 30 years ago (whe we were in the RAF)drinking wine from sandcastle buckets through straws lol.

I have to say though that I am now shattered and am in need of a rest!

Had a phone call whilst we were here from Xray dept telling me I have to have a scan on Friday to check the treatment is working before I see the onchologist in order for the treatment I am on to continue. I will only have been taking it for 7 weeks by then so I hope that it is showing that it is working as if not I have to revert to traditional chemo. I don't know whether I will be able to stand all the side effects or if it it worth it to have more time but not be able to enjoy it. I don't feel too good now - well not today anyway.

1 comment:

  1. It was wonderful to see you Lyn and to finally meet the famous Paul - you're both fab XX
    You looked so well and broke your 6:30pm curfew easily - Its hard to believe there's much wrong when you look so bloody great! you always did tho! I have everything crossed that your scan goes well. Don't forget, when you come back, you can stay with me. Love ya Lyn see you soon XXXXX

    ReplyDelete