Thursday 19 May 2011

Thursday 19th May

Another milestone reached today, I had a bath without the bath lift! lol.

Appointments again this week, bloods Monday, chemo Tuesday and clinical psychology today, bloods must have been ok as I got to carry on with the gefitinib (chemo). I am now extremely spotty, and it's quite painful. I look in the mirror in the morning to find at least 10 new ones! I can just about cover them up with make up but it is getting worse, the 'cover up' is becoming quite an art. I here that its a good thing though, it means the treatment could be working, won't know for sure until I get scanned again July/august. Fingers and everything else crossed.

I still can't believe it though..... I'm still trying to pretend it isn't happening- just keep getting reminders every time I go to the hospital, that makes me depressed- I just want to get back to how I was before the surgery, I think I'm getting there :))

I registered for the race for life this week with my sisters and daughter. My sister Sue told our story on the cancer research page and they now want to use us/it as an inspirational story to promote the event, were going to be in the paper!!! I hope they have photo shop! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment