Wednesday 27 July 2011

Saludos desde Menorca!

Arrived in Menorca 18th July. It has been a mixture of really hot weather and rain! Not too bad though as the rain has become a much needed break from the heat...phew....

I have stayed mainly in the shade and have been using fctor 30, still managed to pick up a bit of colour though (apart from legs, fake tan there I'm afraid lol.

Managed to watch the cricket (rainy day) and football (Villa v blackburn, as we speak  - rain again!)

Tummy trouble has plagued me yet again, especcially as now I am almost morphine free. Immodium is rapidly becoming my NBF! I am eating very healthily (apart from the pancakes at breakfast every 3 days which are to die for, yum) and I rocken I have not put on a single pound. Alcohol, just don't feel like it...It took us 4 days to consume a bottle of red wine at dinner lol. We have been goig to the bar for a cocktail before dinner though ( I'm no good once I've eaten)

. The hotel is lovely, very modern and quiet (no children) we are not the oldest here by a long shot but are probably the first in bed lol. We have BBC 1, 2 and 3! and sky news, plus the internet to keep us entertained.

We hired a car for 4 days and visited most of the island! the old town of Cuitadela was fab for shopping but unfortunatly we went on Sunday when everywhere was closed :(( much to Pauls delight! I did manage to get a pair of 'Menorcan sandles' to add to my shoe collection though! lol

We now have 5 days left, home for 10 then off again to mainland Spain for another 2 weeks! 

Adios for now! X

No comments:

Post a Comment