Friday 8 July 2011

Friday 8th

Where is the time going?? Don't know how I ever managed to fit in work lol.

Been down to Oxford (hello everyone if you are reading) to visit friends at the JR. It was lovely to see everyone, I miss them all, I loved working there.

Been camping for the weekend too in Skegby to the annual 'do' this year was the Kangaroo do. Found camping a little hard, the weather was great duing the day but I got tired and needed to lie down, in the tent was impossible as it was like a sauna so had to revert to car with seat reclined and AC on! lol. Then at night it was absolutely freezing. Next year we will hire a motor home and go off on an adventure for the week!


Went on to York, what a beautiful city. Stayed in the Royal York Hotel and to be honest for a 4 star hotel a premier inn would have been just as good, wasn't worth the money apart from the location. I had been a little unwell (tummy troubles since Saturday), since I cut down on the morphine things have gone the other way. I had forgotton my hot water bottle (I need it to ease the gripy pain) so we bought some 'curaheat' adhesive patches. You have to stick them to your clothes though and my 'clothes' (well undergarments) were a bit too small! So I could only use them in bed at night stuck in side a pillow case! There we were, just managed to get to sleep on the first night and the fire alarm went off! It was 12.06! Everyone had to go outside until the firemen arrived and checked the place out, after that we couldn't get back to sleep. 


We enjoyed York, walked round the city walls, visited Art gallery did some shopping and eat out. On the way home on Tuesday we even managed to fit in a visit to the Trafford centre for more shopping! It was Pauls idea and he hates shopping, he must love me. Luckily for him, I'm not the same as I used to be I get tire and fed up shopping now lol, so we were only there about 2 hours.


Been busy making props for the next party - Wild West- so have now finished painting cactus and totem pole lol, need to keep busy takes my mind off everything. Have started coughing again now and most of the side effects have dissapeared (exept for tummy ones), I Hope its still working. I do think about it everyday sometimes I have forgotton which is good as I just get on with things normally, things will never be 'normall' again though will they?


No comments:

Post a Comment