Sunday 11 May 2014

Sometimes reality kicks in......

Sometimes reality kicks in and I realise I have cancer. Not just cancer but life threatening terminal cancer.

This week I have lost 2 friends to this horrible disease and it made me think about my own mortality.......I think mostly i get along by 'pretending' it's not really happening. It's a coping mechanism but to be honest who would want to live with such a dark cloud hanging over you 24/7. I cannot explain what that feels like, it frightens me to death.

So far, since this journey began I have been aware of more deaths than in my 30 year nursing career. These have been of people I have met, spoken to and had regular contact with. It is heartbreaking.

Some helped me when I was first diagnosed and some I think I have helped since. I hope to god that something is 'discovered' soon that changes the future for lung cancer.


I just want them all to know that they touched my heart and I will never forget any of them:

Lia, Carolyn, Trevor, Bill, Linda, Linda, Kate, Penny, Monica, Dean, Ashleigh, Lee, Barry, Lynne, I spoke to you the most, you will always be in my heart.

3 comments:

  1. So sad; I feel for all of their families. You are fabulous Lyn, you are truly loved by us all. You are inspirational, a wonderful sister and my best friend. I love you and wish this wasn't happening. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you love and hugs and thoughts for all those families also. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are speaking for me too. Hugs! We can always use another one. So sad.

    ReplyDelete