Friday 17 October 2014

Latest Update

Just wrote a rather long update but somehow lost it!
Don't know if I can write it all again so going for a condenced version.

Since my last update I have been getting quite poorly, as most of you will know I have a lot od disease progression and have spent 3 weeks in hospital.

It seems that since the wedding and me thinking the immunotherapy treatment was working (it wasn't) that everything has caught up with me, it was alomost like my bosy was holding out for the wedding and once it was over everything just caught up.

I now have 2 liver tumours , new pleural tumours - which I have had radiotherapy for- a new lung primary tumour and small tumours in the other lung.
I habe been struggling with breathing especially getting upand down stairs, out of breath quite easy now with stairs lol.

I am all out of convetional options so my ony chance now if drug trials. I have been refered to Christies to see if I can get onto the Astra Zeneca trial. I has been designed for people like me who tested positive for EGFR initially and then progressed, ? tumour remutated to T790.

I went to Christies on Tuesday for a biopsy which had to be taken from the liver, it had to be from a 'new' tumour and the liver was easiest although most paingful. it bloody hurt! It needed Fentanyl (stronger that morphine). We were there fro 8.30 am and got home at 7.30 pm. You have to be on bed rest for 6 hours after due to possible complications, I was fine though apart form pain.

Since the I have felt so much better not sure whether it is because something is now finally happening. I have felt so down and at my wits end with worry that I was going to die before any thing happened, very scared

2 comments:

  1. Sorry. I'm kind of in the same boat. It looks like Tarceva stopped working, and now I had a liver biopsy to see about possible next steps. I'm trying to remain optimistic and accepting, since that's all we have, after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lyn sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. I hope that the biopsy leads to a treatment option for you. I think of you often, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete