Friday 23 December 2011

Happy Christmas!

 2011 has been the worst year of my life. In March, I didn't know whether I would be around to see christmas. I was diagnosed with a terminal illness, I no longer could work, we didn't know how we would survive financially and I really didn't think I would ever see my house finnished! It's now been 9 months since my diagnosis (14 months if you count the time from misdiagnosis) and how things have changed! 

The RAF benevolent fund made sure we had our mortgage paid until we sorted out our life insurance. The life insurance paid up and subsequently we could get our house finnished. Nursing charities also helped us out financially. Best of all I am responding well to the chemo and by the looks of things I could be around for a while yet!


Earlier on in the year I couldn't see or plan any further ahead than a couple of weeks, now, I'm planning things well into next year. 2012 is going to be a very busy year for me, just aswell I no longer go out to work! Believe it or not I am really looking forward to 2012 and can't wait to really get stuck into my hobbies, going to the gym and the charity work.


I would like to thank my wonderful family, friends and the charities who have helped and supported us throughout this year, I love you all and wish you all a 'very merry christmas and a prosperous new year' xxxxx
 

1 comment:

  1. You are a true inspiration....you are a positive, warm and lovely person. The world needs people like you. Love you very much and here's to 2012. x

    ReplyDelete